Friday, November 14, 2008

Contemplating...

Have you every wondered why people are the way they are? Is it the way they are raised? or is it the way the choose to be? I personally believe the later.
Now, don't get me wrong I think also that the way people are raised has some bearing on the personallity of the person, but the person could be given all the luxuries they could wish for and still turn out to be the most cruel person on the planet or they could have been treated worse than you could ever imagine and turn out to be one of the most respectful, patient, loving people like Dave Pelzer (author of "the boy called IT"). I have personally read this book and his other books several times and I continuously wonder how someone so heroic could have any realtions to someone so hateful.

I hope someday to be able to understand how people can treat another living being like they are the not valuable. I personally know several people the think of themselves as christians and still continue to act inappropriately towards family, friends, co-workers, and people in general. I hope that one day they will understand what that kind of injustice can do.

I wanted to share my views on this today because I see this on a daily basis. So I leave you with this thought:
Ultimately, it's up to each of us to choose how we will live our lives, hold ourselves to high standards, and continually evaluate what's inside the image we see in the mirror.
-- Eric Harvey


I hope you take this message with you today and apply it to whom ever you meet today, that person may have an affect on your life someday.

XOXO,
Mel

No comments: