Saturday, March 27, 2010

3-26-10

Today I wondered what it would be like to have a close family bond. Don't get me wrong I do care for my family and would bend over backwards for them but we aren't a close family like some I see.

we use to be a close family but when granny and my aunt passed away it seems like that whole structure passed away with them. Some of us moved away, some of us turned to drugs or illegal activities and spent time in jail and some of us stuck around but just didn't care anymore.

I tried to stay in touch with everyone but that seemed to piss other people off because in my family, if there isn't a argument between someone they aren't happy. As I got older I started to not care if it pissed them off but then that just put me in the middle. what if we all just got along and had the family functions like other families would we have been happier? would I be better at getting along with my co workers? would I be better at dealing with stress? I'm not sure but I do know I would not have learned the lesson's I have thus far if it wasn't for my family.

we all can't have the perfect family. we all can't be that "perfect" person. we just need to live the life we were dealt and do the best with it we can. I can say that I have learned a lot from my family and I'm honored to have had the parents I had. They weren't perfect parents. They did the best they could do at that time, and that's all anyone can ask of anyone.

No comments: